Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Faith Confession #1

Our church has 12 Faith Confessions. Every now and then I'll be sharing them here.

The first one means everything to me. Here it is:

"I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation."

Isn't that the best news you could ever get???? It is for me.

Unfortunately, I have much in my life that could easily bring me shame and condemnation. And at one time I let it. But then I entered into a new relationship. With Jesus.

I learned that there is NO CONDEMNATION in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1) and that I am forgiven totally (Psalm 32:1-5).

Are you able to live free? Or are you held captive by something you've done in the past?

Repeat after me. "I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation." In Jesus' Name.

Shame-less,

Melissa


2 comments:

Lynn Cowell said...

Melissa,
Madi and I have been keeping the faith confessions in my car and we read them on the way to school. I think we almost have them memorized. They are so powerful! Love you, friend!
Lynn

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

thanks for sharing these.....I had just a few minutes to blog hop tonight....
Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog. I have a great giveaway that I will draw for on
Oct 1 and a comment is all it takes to enter....
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/