Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Heading to the Mountains...Happy Easter

My family and I are going out of town for Easter weekend...and we need it! We've been under a lot of stress and trials lately and this will be a welcome get away....made possible by our great friends Kenny and Denise.

You may remember a few months ago, Jeff and I had an amazing weekend away together in the mountains. It was at K and D's mtn house. Well, tomorrow we are going back to the same place, only this time with the kids and Princess too. We are so excited! We have movies picked out to watch, games to play, hikes to go on, places to visit, and beautiful views to view from our private balcony!

We will be returning Sunday and attending Easter Sunday service at our church on Sunday evening. I'm so thankful they are having an evening service!Wherever you are and whatever you do, I pray that you will have a blessed Easter. Please take the time to celebrate Jesus, the risen Christ. We are free because of Him and what He did for us.

We will be hunting for eggs, making cookies, and awaiting the Easter Bunny....but we will be celebrating our sins being forgiven most of all. Thank you Jesus! I love you so much. You have made my life possible and worthwhile. You have given me purpose and allowed me to fail and bounce back. Thank you so much.

Happy Easter Y'all!
He is risen!

Melissa

2 comments:

Sharon Sloan said...

Oh, Melissa -- enjoy this time away with your precious family!

Happy, Blessed, Peaceful and Joyous Easter to you!

Joyful said...

Have a wonderful time Melissa. I'm so jealous of your opportunity to get away. I will be with my Dad at the hospital all weekend, but I have no regrets. Easter will dawn there too, and praying His resurrection life will be seen by those nurses, Dr's, security guards etc... who still need to have the stone removed from their hearts.

Have a precious weekend. I know you need it. Still praying for all that concerns you. You are loved.

Hugs!
Joy